× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LM1200 LTE 4G modem can't connect to AX1800 RAX 10 router

mm2015yogi
Tutor

LM1200 LTE 4G modem can't connect to AX1800 RAX 10 router

I have a brand new Netgear AX1800 RAX10 WIFI 6 router (about 1 week old) and today, I purchased the Netgear LM1200 4G LTE modem. I followed the directions in the modem booklet and inserted my T-Mobile sim card with my data plan into the SIM card slot in the modem. Connected the power and got a green light for power. Got a green light for the signal strength. I then connected an ethernet cable to the LAN port on the LM1200 modem and connected the other end of the ethernet cable to the internet port on my Netgear AX1800 RAX10 router. All the lights lit up green on the router except for the internet light (the second LED light from the left on the router). It was amber at first, then it went out and was not lit at all. My ipad is saying I have no internet.  I then connected my laptop via ethernet cable to the modem and I was able to get onto the internet so the modem works if connected via ethernet to my laptop. Can someone help me figure out why the modem can't connect to the router? When the router is connected to the modem via the ethernet cable (again, it is plugged into the internet port at the back of the router), the router is acting like the ethernet cable isn't plugged in and of course it is. Yes, I did check that the ethernet cable is connected properly into the router and the modem. HELP!

Message 1 of 6

Re: LM1200 LTE 4G modem can't connect to AX1800 RAX 10 router

@mm2015yogi wrote:

I have a brand new Netgear AX1800 RAX10 WIFI 6 router (about 1 week old) and today, I purchased the Netgear LM1200 4G LTE modem.

The LM1200 is a modem-router. So you are adding a router after a router. That needs careful configuration.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Check the section in the manual Connect a Computer, Router, or WiFi Router
to the Modem.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 6
Clifton2008
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem as well, but I have a different router. I’m connecting the modem to a Netgear Orbi. I also tried connecting it to a Google Wifi router and that didn’t work either. Mine also works fine if directly plugged into my computer from the modem. I have it setup in bridge mode, so the settings should be correct. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
Message 3 of 6
mm2015yogi
Tutor

I got the LM1200 LTE 4G modem to work with my Netgear AX1800 RAX 10 router. I did not change any of the settings in my router so it is NOT in bridge mode. The reason my LM1200 wasn't connecting to the Netgear router AX1800 before was because I had a unlimited text and data plan with Sprint.  When I switched to a unlimited DATA only plan with Verizon, it worked like a charm! 

Message 4 of 6
Clifton2008
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I’m also using Verizon. I activated the SIM through my iPhone, and then put it in modem. But since it was an iPhone, I chose the “Play More” package that included unlimited data. How did you choose a data only plan?
Message 5 of 6
mm2015yogi
Tutor

I am still under contract with Sprint so my cell phones are Sprint (unlimited data, voice, text plan).  I have extremely unreliable service from Sprint currently at my house...barely 1 bar and extremely slow (it's fine if I drive 2 miles up the road, just can't get service at my house), I bought a tablet from Verizon and purchased a data only plan with it so I have reliable wireless service at my house. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7