× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MBRN3000 Unable to connect broadband network

losminos
Aspirant

MBRN3000 Unable to connect broadband network

Hallo

I was using the MBRN3000 with ZTE MF652 3G USB stick. This one started to overheat and was disconnecting me from broadband.

So I got my self a stick which is on the list of netgear MBRN3000 support 3G modems the used ZTE MF112.

Used, because it is hard now to find the suitable stick which is supported by the router.

The stick works beautifully when pluged in PC, the connection is activated in 3 seconds.

But plugged into router stick is recognized by router, but the connection to broadband cannot be estabilished.

I tried various router revisions of firmware, even the newest one (MBRN3000-V1.0.0.74_2.0.12WW) but not succesfully.

The newest version is even sometimes not recognizing the stick.

Also tried to run the wizzard and setup the network newly, but also without success.

By recconecting old stick I get the connection immediately, but with the overheating issues.

What else could be the issue ?

Stick is unlocked to all networks, and in PC works perfect.

Thanks for any potential solutions

M.

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: MBRN3000 Unable to connect broadband network

Did you try a factory default?  Also can you verify the stick FW versions. Try updating it using PC.

Message 2 of 4
losminos
Aspirant

Hallo Thank you for answer.

On router side i tried everything. also factory default settings and newly configure WAN, LAN, Wifi...

Currently I am trying again with ZTE MF636. Again stick recognised by router but not possible to connect to broadband..

I am getting crazy.

Can you please advise me what to do with the stick firmware ?

I already bricked one (Huawei E169 - again supported by router, working but with extremly slow speed).

I checked by DC unlocker, both sticks are unlocked for all networks.

Searched on internet for something with firmware, but found nothing. just drivers for WIndows (which I dont need as stick works nicely on PC)

I am already getting crazy of it..

Message 3 of 4
losminos
Aspirant

update: ZTE MF636 cannot even find any network when connected on netgear router.

On PC everything works perfectly, connection is estebilished within seconds....

Bloddy crap this netgear router....

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7