× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

NIGHTHAWK M2 MOBILE ROUTER Model: MR2100 isolate signal type (mobile device) from Foxtel

The_real_Jocke
Aspirant

NIGHTHAWK M2 MOBILE ROUTER Model: MR2100 isolate signal type (mobile device) from Foxtel

I've just fitted the MR2100, Nighthawk2100 with a SIM card to run 24/7 without a battery as the main connection to our house as the 4G network will give us the highest speed at the moment. Our Foxtel subscription however limits the quality on a mobile connection to stop you using too much data so our quality is rubbish. Is there a way to isolate the information going to the home network obviously telling it that its a mobile device?

We connect the M2 to an 8way switch that then distributes to some devices in the home but the i-pad that streams to the TV uses wifi from the M2 router. If the ipad didn't know the internet came from a mobile device then I could choose HD quality.

Message 1 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Re: NIGHTHAWK M2 MOBILE ROUTER Model: MR2100 isolate signal type (mobile device) from Foxtel

Wrong forum, this one if for Netgear Nighthawk Routers only. Might not find knowledgeable people here with this product. Should go to Community on the menu above, then Home User, and select the proper device type and post there. Users of that product and possibly some support people can assist there.

Message 2 of 4
The_real_Jocke
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK M2 MOBILE ROUTER Model: MR2100 isolate signal type (mobile device) from Foxtel

Forgive me but I'm baffled already (doesn't bode well...) This is a Netgear forum/Home Networking/Mobile Routers, Hotspots and Modems.

The Nighthawk Mobile Router modem MR2100 seems to tick all the above boxes and you have other threads in here about it although admittedly thin on the ground but the only info I find is in this forum.
This product does not however seem to pop up in the model selections so If you know which forum is better then let me know.

Maybe TeeJay 74 has more info on my isssue, he seems to know the product?

Message 3 of 4
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Hi,

Some comments:

If I understand correctly, the bottleneck is that subscription. Subscription should match user habits. Not necessary easy thing, because mobile data could be very expensive in some countries. If there is an idea to regulate wisely that mobile data usage then using M2 with proper Wifi-router(bridge mode) which has QoS rules control could be worth considering.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7