× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgaer LB2120 as SMS Gateway

daliborb
Follower

Netgaer LB2120 as SMS Gateway

Hello Coummunity,

this is my first Post 🙂

i have a LB2120 LTE Router/Modem, and as LTE Router the Device works great.

The LTE Router/Modem function i dont need anymore, i have a new Cable Internet.

Now i will use the LTE Modem as a SMS Gateway for my GPS Tracking Server (https://www.traccar.org)

Has the LB2120 API for the follow Config

There are the Parameters for the traccar Vendor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMS

SMS notifications are available since Traccar version 3.11. You need an SMPP service to enable SMS notifications in Traccar.

Some additional information about using SMS as notification can be found in Notificators documentation.

You need access to an SMPP server. Most of the major mobile service providers have SMPP servers. Alternatively you can install own proprietary or open source sever to send SMS via modem or mobile phone.

There are quite a few configuration paremeters required for SMS notifications. All possible parameters are listed in the configuration file documentation (see sms.smpp.* parameters).

Tips:

• User must have correctly configured Phone field according to SMPP server number plan (destination address TON and NPI).
  • The sms.smpp.notificationsCharset should fit sms.smpp.notificationsDataCoding. Those parameters should be provided by SMPP service vendor.
  • Some providers will not deliver SMS with empty sourceAddress without any error.

Examples:

<entry key='sms.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.host'>smpp.example.com</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.port'>2345</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.username'>systemId</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.password'>password</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.notificationsCharset'>GSM</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.notificationsDataCoding'>0</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.sourceAddress'>+79000000000</entry>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to use a external SMS Provider, i will use my own SIM Card with my Hardware.

It would be really great if my Project could be realized.

Thanks Community

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgaer LB2120 as SMS Gateway

Hi @daliborb

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

You may post your query or suggestion to this page : Idea Exchange For Home

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team