× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear nighthawk m1 mr1100 max size micro sd

ronaldvr2132
Apprentice

Netgear nighthawk m1 mr1100 max size micro sd

What is the maximum size that the Micro SD Card installed in a MR1100 can be? The manual says 128 GB, but I have read on more places that 256 GB works as well. Is that correct and will every brand work? And is it possible to map the Micro SD as a network drive on a Windows 10 PC that is attached to the Wifi of the MR1100?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 9
ronaldvr2132
Apprentice

Re: Netgear nighthawk m1 mr1100 max size micro sd

Does someone has a 265GB SDXC card up and in the MR1100?
Message 2 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ronaldvr2132, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please provide the link where it shows that is supports 256 GB so I can verify it with the team. It says on the users manual that it support up to 128 GB. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 9
ronaldvr2132
Apprentice

See underneath, step 5 of the tutoria as referred to underneathl): https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/interactive/id/interactive_1500014796?make=Netgear&m...
Message 4 of 9
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

256 GB card can be used.

Message 5 of 9
SpaceAceOne
Initiate

I'm using SanDisk Utlra 400 GB SD XC card without problems. I've formatted it with NTFS and it works like a charm.

However it took me a while to notice that the factory format (ExFat) is not recognized so you need to format the card in either NTFS, FAT or FAT32.

Message 6 of 9
ronaldvr2132
Apprentice

Thank you for the confirmation. In the meantime I have bought a Toshiba Exceria M303 256GB MicroSDXC card as it is faster then the Sandisk's and I have formatted it to NTFS and installed it in the MR1100. After installation of the card I noticed a new firmware version and updated it as well to NTG9X50C_12.04.02.00. Now the MR1100 is eating up the battery in an extreme way (I lost 60% in about 4 hours time). It also becomes very hot. I guess it is the firmware to blame as I can see the card. I still need to figure out how to use the card. I want to connect the card as a drive to windows and used the netshare command for it, but this does not seem to work reliable. If it works as a charm what does that mean. If someone can share experiences with this firmware or actuals usage scenario's of the SDXC memory card can you provide feedback. I guess changing firmware and installing the SDXC card was not the best idea to do at the same time as it is now difficult to get to the root cause why my battery last so short. I bought the MR1100 for the battery live and the RJ45 connection. I also own AC790's and when the battery is not lasting longer then the AC790 and the memroy card is not working then there is not a value add for me to use the MR1100 as it then only has the disadventage that is is bigger to carry around with you.

Message 7 of 9
n3t
Apprentice
Apprentice

I got the EU version of the M1, still at NTG9X50C_12.02.07.00. Today the device informed me about a new firmware version and that I should keep the button pressed to have it installed, but this failed for some reason (maybe I failed to press it long enough). Perhaps I was lucky that it dit not work out?!

Are there any release notes for the new firmware version to be had? Please Netgear, be more transparent with us users!

Message 8 of 9
codewarrior
Aspirant

I am facing the same problem exactly, after I inserted 200GB TF card, its battery drains super fast and can only standby for few hours after a full charge.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7