× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk LAX20 and TS9 cellular antenna

mctalks
Star

Nighthawk LAX20 and TS9 cellular antenna

I am looking to increase my 4G LTE cellular signal strength and consistency and was wondering if any LAX20 users have had any luck with TS9 antennas and if so, which brand/type? I recently tried a pair of Proxicast coil antennas and after hours of testing different locations, the consistent result was that they actually made my signal strength WEAKER! Netgear makes one that is a single panel ( with 2 antennas inside ) that can attach to a window or hang on a laptop ( that option isn't useful to me ). Has anyone tried it?

ALSO, does using these TS9 antennas require me to disconnect the regular antennas or can I have 4 plugged in at the same time? ( that would be the two that came with the LAX20 and 2 additional TS9 antennas ).

Any advice or insights regarding this, and/or increasing cellular signal strength in general would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
Alex-
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk LAX20 and TS9 cellular antenna

@mctalks wrote:

ALSO, does using these TS9 antennas require me to disconnect the regular antennas or can I have 4 plugged in at the same time? ( that would be the two that came with the LAX20 and 2 additional TS9 antennas ).

This question is already answered on page 13 of the user manual under the header "Attach and position the antennas". The two WiFi antennas on the side work independently from the LTE antennas on the back.

I also would like to know which LTE antennas others are using...

Message 2 of 3
liammacca
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk LAX20 and TS9 cellular antenna

I am attempting to increase the LTE signal of my LAX20, but am finding the cheap antennas I bought to trial very inconsistent and the connector to be quite loose. I’m tempted to go for the net gear one you described, or even an outdoor unit, but would love to know if anyone has had success with these setups before I spend more money on a solution.

March appreciated,

L
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7