× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

No Internet From LB2120 4G LTE Cellular Modem

runningmountain
Follower

No Internet From LB2120 4G LTE Cellular Modem

I just bought the Netgear LB2120 4G LTE modem and activated a SIM card for it through Cricket Wireless. The top of the modem shows two bars of green LTE service, but when I plug my laptop into the LAN port on the modem, the Netgear splash page says that I am not getting internet signal to the modem, and I can't open any web pages. When I open a web page, I get the "something went wrong" message.

Any idea what could be the problem? I've tried turning off the firewall on my Windows laptop but that didn't help. I assume that since the modem shows two bars of cell signal, that this isn't a problem with Cricket Wireless, but I'm not really sure. I also tried plugging the ethernet cable from my laptop into the WAN instead of the LAN port on the modem, but no luck there either.

Any help or suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: No Internet From LB2120 4G LTE Cellular Modem

Hi @runningmountain

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

If you are connected to the modem but cannot connect to the Internet, try the following suggestions:
• Make sure that network coverage is available in your area.
• Make sure that your micro SIM card is active and enabled with data services.
• Confirm that your account is activated and that no other Internet connections are active.
• Switch your modem off and on and restart your computer.
• Verify that an access profile name (APN) profile exists for the service provider. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: No Internet From LB2120 4G LTE Cellular Modem

Hi @runningmountain

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

If you are connected to the modem but cannot connect to the Internet, try the following suggestions:
• Make sure that network coverage is available in your area.
• Make sure that your micro SIM card is active and enabled with data services.
• Confirm that your account is activated and that no other Internet connections are active.
• Switch your modem off and on and restart your computer.
• Verify that an access profile name (APN) profile exists for the service provider. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7