× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Swann security system

orlando175
Follower

Swann security system

Hi. We are trying to connect for remote viewing of security cameras, a Swann Security System NVR-87400  to the Nighthawk M1, however hit a setup error 'Email failed'.  I rang Swann who advised a landline/router is required for all of their system, however others have advised wireless routers will also work.  Does anyone know how, what settings, if an adapter required or ?????

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 3
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Swann security system

Hi orlando175,

Thanks for posting this good question! I see that the community hasn't given any guidance on this. Let me get my internal team to look into this and figure this out. I will update you when I get more information on this. :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 3
ErnestTheGreat
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Swann security system

@orlando175 The issue you are seeing could be related to your Nighthawk M1 router configuration. Can you tell me about your setup such as how is everything connected i.e. is the Swann system connected to M1 via WiFi or Ethernet; what port numbers are needed to access the Swann system remotely and have those be forwarded; who is your Internet Service Provider and what APN are you using to connect M1 to LTE?

The reason I am asking about APN is that some APNs are configured as mobile originated some as mobile terminated connections and NAT characteristics are different on each. If the APN you have uses mobile originated connection your port forwarding will not work correctly hence preventing you from accessing Swann cameras remotely.   

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7