Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor VPN limit and mobile security

Gminn
Aspirant

Armor VPN limit and mobile security

Using Netgear Armor on RBK40 and iPhone 12, iPad 9th Gen.

When using the VPN on mobile devices it seems when you hit the 200MB limit the VPN will disable.  And since Web Protection is depending on VPN I am guessing you no longer have Web Protection.  It seems like to me that if you are paying for Netgear Armor which provides Web Protection on mobile devices then it should come with whatever services are required for 24/7 protection on your devices.

This is from the Armor Overview at NETGEAR Armor | Powered by BITDEFENDER | Premium Online Protection

Protect Your Devices
Outside of the Home

Then, install Bitdefender Security on all your laptops and mobile devices for maximum protection when outside of your home network and on public WiFi.

From what I can tell, Web Protection is the only service on the Armor iOS app.  If that stops working due to VPN limit then it seems you have no protection and invalidates their claim of protecting devices outside the home.

Am I missing something or not understanding how the Web Protection works?  Are their other actions running that do not have a listing in the app that is protecting me?

Message 1 of 2
HTJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Armor VPN limit and mobile security

I had the same issue with the "A" "Bitdefender" app.  I purchased a subscription for the premium VPN service and I downloaded the "VPN Bitdefender" app (both black logos in the App Store not the red Bitdefender).  Now I get the unlimited bandwidth on the VPN, but the web protection is not showing that it's on.  To get that to work I need to go back to the "A" "Bitdefender" and then I'm back to the 20MB limit.  I've found that calling Bitdefender is better than calling NETGEAR for service on these things.  Bitdefender has a NETGEAR desk.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7