Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor Will not activate

edjenn1998
Aspirant

Armor Will not activate

Armor will Not activate. I gave up on phone support after waiting for too long to get a person to help. I used the chat support and I was told to basically unplug the router for 2 min and restart it and to re-install the app. Still the exact same thing. Everytime I try to activate the armor protection I get a message stating that it timed out and failed to activate and try again. I have a RAX45 / AX4300 Nighthawk Router. IS there anything that can be done to fix this? 

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Armor Will not activate

try turning remote management off and then back on or vice versa

Message 2 of 8
edjenn1998
Aspirant

did not work. It was off so I turned it on and then back off. No good. I trying it on. no good.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Did you try contacting bifdefender support (what armor's based on)  at all?

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

You can also try a factory reset of the router and reinstalling it. 

Are you using the app for setup? 

Message 4 of 8
edjenn1998
Aspirant

I have reset the router. I have contacted Bitdefender, they wanted me to buy a subscription. I still have the message stating that Armor is not activated. When I try to activate it It times out and I get a message saying that it took too long and try again. I will not pay for a subscription for a service that can not be demonstrated that it will even work. Resetting the router did nothing. Turning remote management on/off/on and so forth did nothing. Calling the customer support line only to wait soo freaking long that I just hang up because I think it rediculous to have to be on hold that long. So far I am not impressed by Netgears customer support. I have also done the chat support option. 

Message 5 of 8

Armor has its own bolt hole:

NETGEAR Armor - NETGEAR Communities

You might do better to try there.

Message 6 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi edjenn1998,

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number for us to check further. And if you've contacted our support team, please provide your case number(s).

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 7 of 8
smithgroup
Aspirant

Did you get this resolved?   If so, how?

Thanks!  

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7