Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device list difference between Armor and Orbi

mattshelton
Aspirant

Device list difference between Armor and Orbi

I've been trying to sync up the device list in Armor with the device list in the Orbi, but am coming up with three extras listed in Armor: one unidentified device and two of types I am fairly certain are not on my network. Is there any way to see the IP or MAC Addresses for these devices? (MAC is listed for some of the properly-identified devices but not all...) Is there a debug log somewhere?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator
mattshelton
Aspirant

Re: Device list difference between Armor and Orbi

Hi Dexter,

No, those don't help much. For instance, Armor says I have a WeMo automation device, and an Alexa. I don't have either (as far as I know...) and there's no mention of these devices (nor extra ones to account for them) on my Orbi. I'd love it if I could see the MAC address that Armor found so that I could try to find it myself.

Message 3 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, when checking under Devices > Selecting the device > Summary > Device details. The MAC address should be indicated there. See image below.

Message 4 of 8
mattshelton
Aspirant

Neither of these devices show a MAC address:

Screenshot 2019-04-24 20.24.01.png

Message 5 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

I see. Quite odd. If you are certain that the devices are not within your network, you can have them removed instead.

Message 6 of 8
Narada
Tutor

I have the same issue. I have tried to get Bitdefender support to respond, but they only said to reset my password and go to this Netgear support page. Just removing the device from the Armor list is not the answer. I want to know why they showed up. Armor gives no MAC address or way to ping them to see if they are still on my network. The response of "Remove them if you are certain they are not on your network" misses the point. How do I know whether they are on my network, in some kind of way that does not show up on the Orbi Attached Devices list? Why did Armor think they were ever there? I have reset my password twice, but that does not remove them from the Armor list.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 8
Narada
Tutor

I went back and forth with Bitdefender for quite awhile before I got someone who actually understood and answered my question.

Here is what they said: "The differences between the number of devices is generated by the different technologies doing the device detection and how they do it. The Orbi app identifies DHCP clients of your Orbi router, as apposed to the Bitdefender technologies that does more that that. The Armor portal also displays devices that maybe never connected to your home network but have Bitdefender security software installed locally on them. We are working with Netgear on improving the device detection and will do so by the end of this year."

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7