Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Interacting with Armor once it's enabled

WinterMute
Star

Interacting with Armor once it's enabled

Turning on Armor killed my home network (Modem/Internet was fine) until a power cycle.

This router has never had a connection break like that--my ISP has outages from time to time, but this is the first the router did it.

Sometime last night, Armor killed my home network again.

If I go to the Armor portal at armor.netgear.com, or I log into my router at routerlogin.net, neither gives me any sort of insight as to what went wrong, or a report that lets me choose to address whatever it is that caused Armor to lock everybody out.

I have overnight processes sometimes that need to run. I need to know I can rely on Armor to either maintain connection or give me some information about what happened and a path to address it.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Interacting with Armor once it's enabled

Hi WinterMute, 

May you provide the model number of your device and the current firmware version. You may also contact our support team to address your issue using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
WinterMute
Star

Thanks Christian_R:

It's a RAX200, firmware 1.0.2.98, and I've set up a ticket with support.  I didn't realize at first that there's a particular way to walk through Support --> Other --> Armor that will let you get support without paying for out-of-warranty support.

With luck this will solve the problem, but I think long-term there needs to be some sort of logging or visibility so the user (who, if they're looking for logs and inside the router or the Armor portal, is already a pro-level user) can have the ability to address what's causing the problem.

Message 3 of 5
WinterMute
Star

@Christian_R just letting you know I have updated details at https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Share-Your-NETGEAR-Armor-Experience/m-p/1863299/highl...

For anyone else running across this thread, my Support Ticket didn't really go very far before I gave up on it, removed Armor, and also uninstalled all BitDefender products (a different but related topic).

If anyone is curious about the details, feel free to stop by the link above or ask me here and I'll try to keep an eye on any updates to this thread.

Thanks, and best of luck to those trying to work with Armor.

Message 4 of 5
Tommyhuynh87
Aspirant

Hi all,

After about a week turn off Armor on my RAX80 the Wifi speed get back to the where it was and no more killing wifi connection and low Wifi speed.  ( Around 750Mps over Wifi6). So Now I 100% sure when you enable the feaking Armor on your router , it will kill your wifi and your devices connection. I have to turn it off by use the netgear app and email Bitdefender Support Center to remove it out of my router and canel it. Here is how you can do:

open netgear app on your phone. In the top-left corner, tap the Home or Cloud icon. 

Tap SETTINGS > Securit and tap the Enable NETGEAR Armor slider to turn NETGEAR Armor off 

After that do hard reset on the router :

1. Have the router powered on make sure it fully bootup.
  2. press down the Restore Factory Settings button and hold it for about 7 to 10 seconds  
  3. When the power light starts to blink you can release the reset button and wait for the router to start up ( you can count it blink about 5 time and then release the reset button) 

On my RAX80 I dont need to downgrate the firmware to make it work. just do hard reset and that's good to go. the Wifi speed will getting better about an hours or so 

REMOVE ARMOR out of your router 

1.Login into your netgear account https://armor.netgear.com/
2.Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the left corner of the page
3.Select MyRouters-Click on the Router that needs removal 
4.Provide us with the router_id that can be seen in the main search bar of your browser (should look like router_id =259xxx0xxxx)

One is importan thing if your computer installed bitdefender you should try this one:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/3766/ 
Or remove it out of your computer. ( I remvoed it out of all my device ) 

I hope this will help you guys. 

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7