Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor and another antivirus

mgdurand1
Luminary

Netgear Armor and another antivirus

Just did the upgrade on my Orbi router and satellites to 2.3.0.32.  Gives me the offer to try Armor for 90 days.  Did a very little bit of reading and it appears to be a Bitdefender software system that inlcudes antivirus proteciton.  I know you are not really supposed to run 2 antivirus pprograms at the same time.  Is the same true for this solution?  I run an antivirus as well as a couple of anti-malware programs.  Curious to see if anyone has seen anything on this.  Thanks.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Armor and another antivirus

Hi @mgdurand1 ,

Welcome to the community!

That's an excellent question. With NETGEAR Armor, you can use it alongside the Bitdefender Total Security that can be installed on your devices. As this is also an anti-virus software that will share your device system resource, it is best to not have it run with a similar software since it may cause conflicts.

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mgdurand1 ,

Welcome to the community!

That's an excellent question. With NETGEAR Armor, you can use it alongside the Bitdefender Total Security that can be installed on your devices. As this is also an anti-virus software that will share your device system resource, it is best to not have it run with a similar software since it may cause conflicts.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7