Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using just Armor with Norton installed

mgdurand1
Luminary

Using just Armor with Norton installed

Hi again.  I asked this quesiton this weekend and the answer really did not answer the quesiton I posed.  The topic was immediately closed so I could not post this there.  My question was as follows:

"Just did the upgrade on my Orbi router and satellites to 2.3.0.32.  Gives me the offer to try Armor for 90 days.  Did a very little bit of reading and it appears to be a Bitdefender software system that inlcudes antivirus proteciton.  I know you are not really supposed to run 2 antivirus pprograms at the same time.  Is the same true for this solution?  I run an antivirus as well as a couple of anti-malware programs.  Curious to see if anyone has seen anything on this.  Thanks"

I know I can install the Bitdefender AV and then I should not run 2 antivirus programs.  But the question is can I NOT install the Bitdefender AV software and keep my Norton while running Armor?

Thanks again.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Re: Using just Armor with Norton installed

Hi @mgdurand1 . I raised a similar question a few days ago and never got a response either. Although I was not dealing with Norton AV bur rather Defender on WIN 10 desktop and laptop; and ClamXAV on two MacBook Pros. I don't have Armor installed yet on my router, as I am still debating and reading on it. I have yet to find a good, reliable, review on Netgear Armor and hands-on test and performance assessment. 

The fact the a Netgear moderator did not chime in to answer my question is probably the main reason I didn't jumb on the band wagon and activated the trial.

Message 2 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mgdurand1, I believe I've responded to one of your first post and sorry if I was not able to make it clear. As I've also informed Orbi-Roc, yes, you can run Armor alongside your already installed AV's since Armor is doing the check on the router side.

Dexter 

Message 3 of 5
mgdurand1
Luminary

Thanks.  I was unclear as to the repsonse.  Likely my fault and I apologize.  Happy that I can pay for Armor and not install Bitdefender software.  Sure that is great AV software, but my set (Norton and Malwarebytes) has kept us safe for so long I am hesitant to change it.  Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

You're welcome! 😄

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation