Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is Bitdefender Total Security?

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What is Bitdefender Total Security?

GettyImages-595347373.jpg

Bitdefender Total Security works against all internet threats – from viruses, worms and Trojans, to ransomware, zero-day exploits, and spyware to keep your data and privacy safe. Included with your NETGEAR Armor subscription, Bitdefender Total Security can be installed on all your devices (Windows, macOS, Android and iOS). With NETGEAR Armor, you can then remotely locate, lock, and even with a device in case of theft.

Features of Bitdefender Total Security include: 

• Anti-ransomware. Provides protection against attackers that encrypt your files, such as family photos and important documents, and demand a ransom for their release.

• WiFi Security Advisor. WiFi Security Advisor scans the networks that you connect to for any security holes that might put you at risk and recommends the best action to protect your device and your privacy.

• Firewall. Bitdefender Firewall adds an extra layer of protection by blocking potentially malicious applications that want to connect to the Internet so that your personal information stays safe.

• Advanced Threat Defense. Advanced Threat Defense uses advanced methods to detect ransomware and other new threats in real time. Advanced Threat Defense identifies anomalies on the device and correlates different suspicious behaviors to significantly increase detection. 

To learn more about NETGEAR Armor and to start your free trial, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

Click here for our NETGEAR Armor FAQs

Message 1 of 6
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Re: What is Bitdefender Total Security?

Hi @Dustin_V. Thank you for that, but now I'm confused.

I've been led to believe that the only software installed on the router is Netgear Armor, which can indeed function quite well as a standalone application to protect all devices connected to the network.

Bitdefender Total Security, as I understand it, is NOT installed on the router but rather on local devices (Windows, Apple OS X and iOS, Android) which aims at protecting those devices when in use on the Internet and away from one's home WiFi network.

Is my understanding correct?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6
Raymond18521
Aspirant

NETGEAR Armor™ protects your connected home from Internet threats. Multi-layer cyber security is built into the WiFi router to protect all devices on the home network. Includes Bitdefender® Total Security to provide complete anti-virus and anti-malware protection for all Windows, macOS, Android and iOS devices.

Message 3 of 6
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @Raymond18521 .Yes, I agree with your post on Netgear Armor. But my question to for @Dustin_V still stands. The opening line on the original post states that Bitdefender Total Security is a software installed on the router; and my understanding is that it is not; it is a software installed on specific devices.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@Orbi-Roc wrote:

The opening line on the original post states that Bitdefender Total Security is a software installed on the router; and my understanding is that it is not; it is a software installed on specific devices.

Correct - the information provided is not appropriate. There is some Bitdefender software installed on the router, this is however not the Bitdefender Total Security package - which is intended for the end-point security only.

Message 5 of 6
Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Orbi-Roc wrote:

Hi @Raymond18521 .Yes, I agree with your post on Netgear Armor. But my question to for @Dustin_V still stands. The opening line on the original post states that Bitdefender Total Security is a software installed on the router; and my understanding is that it is not; it is a software installed on specific devices.

Good catch @Orbi-Roc. You are correct, Bitdefender Total Security is installed on end devices. Original post has been edited.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7