Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices keep going offline but quickly come back online

Fore
Aspirant

Devices keep going offline but quickly come back online

I have listed my main switch but this affects all my devices. 

Does anyone know what criteria Insight uses to determine that a device if "offline"?  All my devices are connected to the internet via my main swithc but devices frequently go offline when the main switch has not reported as being offline.  How can this happen?  Has got worse since the recent Netgear Insight upgrade.  The text of the messages I get is as follows:-

The following device(s) lost communication with the NETGEAR Insight cloud service at approximately 04-Apr-2022 11:35.

Severity: Critical
Network Name: XXXXXX
Total Devices: 1

Details:

Serial Number

Device Name

Device Model

IP Address

XXXXXXXXXXXX

NG-540-Lounge

WAC540

There may be a temporary network or power outage. Make sure that your device(s) are powered on and connected to the Internet through your ISP. If they are powered on and can reach the Internet, restart the device(s). If they still cannot connect to the Insight Cloud service, visit the support website at netgear.com/support.

Sincerely,

The NETGEAR Insight Team

Model: GC752XP|Insight Managed 52-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Cloud Switch with 2 SFP and 2 SFP+ 10G Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Devices keep going offline but quickly come back online

If the heartbeat does not go through, the (kind of misleading) "offline" message is sent.

It's typically a temporary status....
Message 2 of 3
Fore
Aspirant

Re: Devices keep going offline but quickly come back online

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation