Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I don’t need Parental Control but I cannot see where to disable it

pjd813
Guide

I don’t need Parental Control but I cannot see where to disable it

When using the Netgear nighthawk app I went to check the Device Manager. There are multiple occurrences of my iPads and iPhones and a few other devices. The screen display in this mode looks very different all of a sudden. There is a Home icon at the top of the page that wasn’t there before. There is also a “ pause” button that was never there before. If I touch the pause button my internet connection….. pauses. Parental Control is also noting premium feature that are available. I want to eliminate any Parental Control and return to the previous Device Manager. I downloaded the manual and I see no reference to Parental Control. What am I not seeing?

RAXE500, iPad Air 4, both completely up to date.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I don’t need Parental Control but I cannot see where to disable it

Do you have WIFI Private IP address enabled on your Apple devices while at home? If so, disable this. 

Might try a factory reset on the router and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. Be sure to not enable Access Controls and Armor on the router or on the NH app. 

Message 2 of 3
pjd813
Guide

Re: I don’t need Parental Control but I cannot see where to disable it

I disabled the Private Wi-Fi-Adress per your response. Thanks. When I went back to the Nighthawk app on my iPad there were still three entries for it in the Device Manager. I looked at the entry for the shadow entries and they had 0.0.0.0 IP addresses and each entry had different MAC addresses. This does seem to line up with the description of how Private-WiFi-Address works. I deleted the entries that had the zero IP’s and now they haven’t come back (yet). When I use the web browser I now see only one entry per device.
I don’t seem to see Parental Controls anywhere in the web UI.

When I logged into the Nighthawk app on my iPhone for the first time in about a month there was a blue dot next to the icon for the Device Manager. When I clicked on the DM the next screen had a nag screen that was a prompt to activate/subscribe to Parental Control. I dismissed it and the next screen was not the original black screen list of devices I got in the past. It was the new white screen of a “Home” “Profile” screen with my device list. This is exactly what happened to me yesterday on my iPad. What the heck? The apple App Store says that the app was updated two weeks ago. I’ve used these apps in the past few days without issue.

I’m going to wait and see if the Private-WiFi change helps before I do brain surgery with a system reset.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7