× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

File Manager inside Readynas

super_poussin
Virtuoso

Re: File Manager inside Readynas

Mon1018 wrote:
Ummm..... +1 on the internal file manager.

Did you take a look on PHP Advanced Transfer Manager (PHP ATM) ?

http://phpatm.org/

It works on the ready Nas 🙂
Message 26 of 47
cdeel
Aspirant

@super-poussin:
I tried your suggestion of phpATM, and got it running (more or less). I installed it into its own "phpATM" share.

I think I'm missing one fundamental point: how did you configure it to offer your files for download? Say I wanted to make the whole contents of my "media" share available via phpATM. Would you install phpATM into the root of the "media" share? Or do something with symbolic links to make the "media" files available?

Thanks for any help!
Message 27 of 47
looter
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:
Mon1018 wrote:
Ummm..... +1 on the internal file manager.

Did you take a look on PHP Advanced Transfer Manager (PHP ATM) ?

http://phpatm.org/

It works on the ready Nas 🙂

Sounds great!

Any one got a quick 'Installing and Enabling PHP and then PHP ATM on a ReadyNAS for dummies'?

Seriously?

Thanks
Message 28 of 47
super_poussin
Virtuoso

I will redo the installation and post an howto 🙂
Message 29 of 47
looter
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:
I will redo the installation and post an howto 🙂

That would be great!

Thanks 🙂
Message 30 of 47
super_poussin
Virtuoso

phpatm is not easy to configure 🙂 needs a lot of cutomization in php.ini and config files

working on another product which sounds good stay tuned (in ajax)
Message 31 of 47
looter
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:
phpatm is not easy to configure 🙂 needs a lot of cutomization in php.ini and config files

working on another product which sounds good stay tuned (in ajax)

I thought I smelled a slight hint of sarcasm in that first response.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to see how the ajax solution works.
Message 32 of 47
cdeel
Aspirant

I never managed to configure phpATM how I wanted it, but instead I found AjaXplorer, and I think it will work great for me.

It has tons of features, is ultra-easy to configure, and is oozing gobs of cute slick ajax-y goodness!
It runs fast and responsive on the ReadyNAS, and can easily be set up to share a folder anywhere on the NAS (or more than one, even.)
Message 33 of 47
looter
Aspirant

cdeel wrote:
I never managed to configure phpATM how I wanted it, but instead I found AjaXplorer, and I think it will work great for me.

It has tons of features, is ultra-easy to configure, and is oozing gobs of cute slick ajax-y goodness!
It runs fast and responsive on the ReadyNAS, and can easily be set up to share a folder anywhere on the NAS (or more than one, even.)

What do I need to do to get the ReadyNAS ready to run this? I have no idea :0

Thanks
Message 34 of 47
super_poussin
Virtuoso

i will take a look 🙂

http://ajaxbrowser.free.fr/Ajax-B_Pub/en/index.php is the second one
Message 35 of 47
cdeel
Aspirant

ajaxbrowser and AjaXplorer seem very similar; probably either one would work. (I think ajax is ideal since most of the fancy processing is done on the client-side, taking load off the NAS.)

@looter:
The only major requirement for AjaXplorer is PHP.

I basically followed the ReadyNAS PHP HowTo, then followed that up with the personal webserver HowTo. I set up a dedicated share for AjaXplorer (you can call it "ajaxplorer" or "mycoolfiles" or whatever you want).

Then you replace the test index.html (from the personal webserver howto) with the entire contents extracted from the AjaXplorer zip file. Then you have to adjust permissions on the files until apache is able to read the files (log in via SH and use the chmod command, or maybe you can do it through an FTP client).

Read the file /files/INSTALL-SelectMeAndClickEdit.txt that comes with AjaXplorer, and it will help you with basic configuration.

Search the forum for more hints if necessary, or post again here.

The only thing I'm still worried about is: how good is the authentication/login thingy and how to make it very secure before opening my firewall. I need to read up some more on that...
Message 36 of 47
super_poussin
Virtuoso

take a look here for an how-to 🙂

user rights and password are stored in files on the web server by default and password din encrypted
Message 37 of 47
geirvb
Aspirant

All this PHP and Ajax sure sounds interesting :roll:
- but -
I really don't want to wander around in php.ini files or even enable SSH access.

So I repeat the request:
- File Manager inside ReadyNas - Please....

As an option:
- Make an add-in to enable/handle PHP?
Message 38 of 47
Lichon
Aspirant

geirvb wrote:
All this PHP and Ajax sure sounds interesting :roll:
- but -
I really don't want to wander around in php.ini files or even enable SSH access.

So I repeat the request:
- File Manager inside ReadyNas - Please....

As an option:
- Make an add-in to enable/handle PHP?

Im surprised why this still hasnt been made.
Netgear! Once you opened up for user addons you really said: "Okay, people dont just use it as a NAS", but given the awaiting ReadyNAS Pro you already know this.
Message 39 of 47
beisser1
Aspirant

Lichon wrote:

Im surprised why this still hasnt been made.
Netgear! Once you opened up for user addons you really said: "Okay, people dont just use it as a NAS", but given the awaiting ReadyNAS Pro you already know this.

yup, so why dont you make an addon yourself or request one from super-poussin? they made the sdk exactly because they dont have time to incorporate every too available into the nas themselves.
Message 40 of 47
appletrain
Aspirant

If you're willing to use SSH, Midnight Commander is great. File manager, editor, control file owners, groups, permissions. Fast.

# apt-get update
# apt-get install mc

That's it. Start by entering

mc
Message 41 of 47
KarlVW
Aspirant

Not sure if I understand the issue, I would think using FTP server, you could delete the files faster than using SMB/CIFS

Also going to a CMD/COMMAND/DOS PROMPT deleting the files would be faster than using windows exploder

:slap: :slap: Do I need to slap myself??
Message 42 of 47
ajwh
Aspirant

+1
Message 43 of 47
Knothaid2
Tutor

+11111 on the internal file manager and if it could also set file and directory access permissions.....I send ya to Disney World.
Message 44 of 47
shadow11
Aspirant

Re:

yoh-dah wrote:
There is a built-in HTTP file manager. Just enable write access over HTTP and you can connect to http://<readynas> and do your magic. 😎

Is there a way to select 'copy' of a file or directory in one share and 'paste' it to another share using the http file manager?
Message 45 of 47
xtrips1
Aspirant

Hello,

All is working fine but I need something more.
I need to copy huge amounts of data from an external drive connected via USB to the NAS itself.
The problem is that through the web interface you cannot copy from the USB root to the NAS' root.
How can I do that?
The obvious reason for all that is to have the copy process run on the NAS.

Thank you
Message 46 of 47
StephenB
Guru

You could try a frontview backup job.
Message 47 of 47
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements