× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN316 Upgrade FW 6.10.4 - Booting Loop....USB Recovery Question

Mook2
Aspirant

RN316 Upgrade FW 6.10.4 - Booting Loop....USB Recovery Question

While trying to update the firmware on my 316 from 6.10.3 to 6.10.4 I am stuck in a loop where all that appears on the display is "Booting". It's been like that for an hour.

After reading other threads about similar sutuations I am assuming I have to try a USB recovery, I've never done one before. I know, lucky me.

I've downloaded images for 6.10.3 and 6.10.4. Which image should I use?

Also, I tried a soft power down and had no luck. Is a hard power down in order here? (I have to ask although I sure it's "yes" for the hard power down).

Is ther anything I've overlooked or another thing to try before a USB Recovery?

I have a backup so at least I'm covered in that sense.

Dave-

EDIT: Are drives necessary at all to do the USB Recovery? I believe I should remove the disks unless they're needed for some reason.

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Mook2
Aspirant

Re: RN316 Upgrade FW 6.10.4 - Booting Loop....USB Recovery Question

Well, I tried to do a USB Recovery and when I went to power down it powered down just fine but then it rebooted immediately. After a few minutes the reboot completed and it was back online with the new formware installed.

Geez.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Mook2
Aspirant

Well, I tried to do a USB Recovery and when I went to power down it powered down just fine but then it rebooted immediately. After a few minutes the reboot completed and it was back online with the new formware installed.

Geez.

Message 2 of 3
Mook2
Aspirant

Exact same issue on my other 316 except this time it was stuck at 99% and displayed an Apache error message which was trucated.

Anyone else seeing this with 6.10.4 update?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements