× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo and Philips SL400i - Unsupported Format

admbarcroft
Follower

ReadyNAS Duo and Philips SL400i - Unsupported Format

I recently bought a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo, and have been trying to use the NAS as a media server for my old Philips SL400i. Before now, i had to have my PC on which runs Philips Media Manager purely for this. On the NAS i have activated ReadyDLNA and added a few test MP3 files to the Music folder. The NAS is set to automatically redo the Index when new files are added. When i use the SL400i, i can select the ReadyNAS server and browse to the relavant test MP3 files. However when i select the MP3, a message scrolls across the screen of the SL400i stating "Unsupported Format - Cannot...". I am completely stuck as to the solution. I considered buying a Twonky license and installing one of the NAS compatible versions, but did not want to waste my money if this wont work either. Is there anyone who as had the same problem?
Any help is much appreciated
Message 1 of 2
JoostEpse
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo and Philips SL400i - Unsupported Format

Hello barcroft,

do you have solved your problem already?
I've exactly the same problem and can not play my mp3 collection stored on my NAS.
I can access the music-maps with mp3's but I get the error "unsupported format."

What was your solution?

greetings, Joost.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements