× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo

dairober
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo

Thanks to StephenB I have managed to get access to the readynas menu.  However in doing this my password has changed?  This means that i cannot access it again so I have requested a password change from the link on the page but I have not received any emails from Netgear?

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
dairober
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas Duo

Thanks so much. All I need to do now is set up my 3 computers to store their data on the readynas. Is this done through shares and how do I start this to continually monitor each pc?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@dairober wrote:

Thanks to StephenB I have managed to get access to the readynas menu.  However in doing this my password has changed?  

The password for Frontview (the Duo's admin web ui) is purely local - not something to which Netgear has access, and not something they can change remotely.

When you log into Frontview, the username MUST be admin.  The default password for the Duo (version 1) is netgear1.

Also, you need to make sure you include /admin in the URL. That is, https://nas-ip-address/admin (using the real NAS IP address of course) 

Note you can distinguish the original Duo (v1) from the Duo v2 by looking at the front panel.

• The Duo (v1) says "ReadyNAS Duo"
  • The Duo v2 says "ReadyNAS Duo v2".

Ignore other labels.

Let us know

• if you happen to have a Duo v2
  • whether the info above helps you regain access.

There are ways you can reset the password, but no need to use them if the instructions above give you access again.

Message 2 of 10
dairober
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,  I used the admin and netgear1 set yesterday and they worked but today they do not.  Even when i type in the URL precisely I just get the username and password screen coming up on a loop???

I have requested a new password but i am not receiving the emails to do this??

Can you help?

By the way its version 1.

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@dairober wrote:

I used the admin and netgear1 set yesterday and they worked but today they do not.  Even when i type in the URL precisely I just get the username and password screen coming up on a loop???

Did you perhaps change the password during the NAS setup process?  (You should btw, it's not a good idea to use default passwords).  If you saved the password in the browser, then you might also try clearing it.

Manuals for your NAS are here:

1. https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf
  2. https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/RAIDiator4-1_SW_en_06Dec11.pdf

You can reset the password back to netgear1 by doing an OS-reinstall from the boot menu.  Instructions are in the hardware manual (the first link) on pages 15-16.

@dairober wrote:

By the way its version 1.

Some general advice - 

Your NAS can't handle disks > 2 TB.  Larger drives might appear to work, but the volume size will be much smaller than you expect.

Most mechanical disks in this size range today are using SMR technology, which is not well suited for RAID.  Good choices for your NAS are WD Red Plus and Seagate Ironwolf.  Avoid the WD Red drives, as they are SMR.

Message 4 of 10
dairober
Aspirant

Thanks so much. All I need to do now is set up my 3 computers to store their data on the readynas. Is this done through shares and how do I start this to continually monitor each pc?
Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@dairober wrote:
Thanks so much. All I need to do now is set up my 3 computers to store their data on the readynas. 

Not sure exactly what you mean.  Normally users directly put their content in NAS shares.-  accessing the folder share either from from file explorer, or from applications like Word, etc. You can also map a NAS share to a PC drive letter.

It is possible to sync folders on the PC with a NAS share.  FreeFileSync is one free tool that can do that.  Personally I prefer backing up the PC to the NAS using image backups (I use Acronis TrueImage for that).

Message 6 of 10
dairober
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen as you can I am new to this process. I will look at the manual and create a simple share and see how it goes with 1Pc.
Message 7 of 10
dairober
Aspirant

Than you I am also having difficulty with readycloud not recognising my readynas duo v2. Should I upgrade to the latest version of the readynas software I.e. v6?
Message 8 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@dairober wrote:
 Should I upgrade to the latest version of the readynas software I.e. v6?

You can't.  The Duo runs only 4.1.x firmware, the Duo v2 only runs 5.3.x firmware.

@dairober wrote:
Than you I am also having difficulty with readycloud not recognising my readynas duo v2.

ReadyCloud only works with OS-6 NAS. 

Even if you could, note the message at the top of the forum page - NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. 

Message 9 of 10
dairober
Aspirant

Thank you Stephen!
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements