× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SAS drives as tier for SATA.

Alein
Aspirant

SAS drives as tier for SATA.

Hi, I am planning to use SAS drives as tier for SATA. 

However it is not possbile in menu. It seems to be check somewhere. Anyone know how tp go around it.

What is quite interesing , it is possible to use SAS drives as tier for SSD. Strange 😕

Model: ReadyNAS-4200v2|ReadyNAS 4200v2
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: SAS drives as tier for SATA.

On the 4200V2 running OS6, so long as you are using bays 5-12 (1-4 are SATA only), it should be capable of doing so.  But since most current models of ReadyNAS do not support SAS drives (RR4360 is the only exception I know of), Netgear may not have made it an option.

Message 2 of 4
Alein
Aspirant

Well. I use also ReadyDATA 5200.

The point is to mark SAS as SSD , or modify check. That is my question.

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

OK, so the SAS SSD's aren't recognized as SSD's by the OS at all, it thinks they are standard drives?  That could be important to the Netgear mods if they make inquiries.

The RD5200 can, of course, use SAS in all bays.  I don't have an unused SAS SSD to check with.  And the ones I have in use are in an expansion chassis that does not show up in the GUI, so I don't know how they would be labeled.  get_disk_info from SSH (and disk_info.log  in the log zip, which has the same information) shows them as 65000rpm SAS drives, but I have no SATA SSD's to see how those are labeled there.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements