Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Log out of NightHawk App

sjohn_az
Initiate

Can't Log out of NightHawk App

It seems on my Iphone, I cannot log out of NightHawk. Very odd as I had to create a username and password and it gives the option to Login by facial recognition. It even gives the option of 2 factor authentification. But once logged in, it seems there is no way to log out. When I close the App, it opens up again without needing to Log in. Anyone else having this problem? Tech support had no solution. Said something about it being addressed in a later update. Somehow that makes no sense. You create an app that requires Log-in credentials that you never can log out of?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FilmCompos3r
Initiate

Re: Can't Log out of NightHawk App

Same issue here. Would like to be able to log out for added security.
Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I found a fix for this. Go to the Account Management in the Nighthawk app. Go to Login Settings, turn off the Face ID feature. On iPhone, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode, turn off Nighthawk app. Go to similar direction if on Android for the face recognition feature. For some reason, turning it off in the Nighthawk app did not turn it off on the phone settings. I tried to see if that would work alone, the app still launched as signed in. Delete the app. Reinstall the app. No worries, it will not delete your Netgear or Router credentials. Launch the app and redo the log in into router and netgear, but do not turn on any remember me features or Face ID. After you’re done, it’ll have a log out button in the Account Management on the Nighthawk app. It is definitely a BUG that they need to fix to properly handle the two step verification and Face ID. There always need to be a log out button with these features on. Without the BUG fix, it will require log in into router and netgear every time.
Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Well it only worked once then it went back to being automatically logged in. I even rebooted the router. I even repeated the process and ensured that I did not select any remember me or Face ID. They need to fix this unsecured BUG. Sorry I tried to help. I was excited that it worked…once.
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@sjohn_az wrote:

It seems on my Iphone, I cannot log out of NightHawk. Very odd as I had to create a username and password and it gives the option to Login by facial recognition. It even gives the option of 2 factor authentification. But once logged in, it seems there is no way to log out. When I close the App, it opens up again without needing to Log in. Anyone else having this problem? Tech support had no solution. Said something about it being addressed in a later update. Somehow that makes no sense. You create an app that requires Log-in credentials that you never can log out of?

Message 5 of 6
sjohn_az
Initiate

Thanks for your effort. Seems like a bug that they just refuse to fix!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7