Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Channel Interference for 5G Bands

RichMeyers
Aspirant

Channel Interference for 5G Bands

Noticed that the mobile app has Channel Interfence for 5G set at 149 which is Average and has recommended several lower channels as BEST however 149 is the lowest I can set it to within the Netgear Application.    Is there another way to set the lower channels that I'm not aware of?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Channel Interference for 5G Bands

the R8000P is a tri band router. One is for 2.4ghz, one for lowband 5ghz, and one for the higher band 5ghz. 

Nice thing about 5ghz is that it doesn't broadcast as far or for as long because data transfers faster. So even if there's some interference on the higher band 5ghz, it isn't as bad as the 2.4ghz band is with interference. And you have the other 5ghz radio you can use. 

What firmware is on the router?

You can log in through the browser to do changes as well. I've found the browser tends to have better/more accurate info and have more advanced features than the app. 

Message 2 of 4
RichMeyers
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.   My firmware is: V1.4.1.42_1.3.4

I agree that the browser is better for making changes.  I guess I will leave it at its current settings.   Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Its a little unfortunate that the 5ghz radios aren't universal but limited to high/low on the tribands but I'd imagine its to prevent people from having the channels set to the same and creating interference from the router itself. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7