Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Filter options changed?

Dogdad7
Aspirant

Filter options changed?

My router is a R7000 and noticed that the 2.4 and 5 filter options are no longer on my app and seem to have been replaced with wired or wireless. Any way to change this back or is it a netgear change? 

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Filter options changed?

What filter options are you referring too? 

What app are you referring too? 

What FW version are you using? 

Message 2 of 8
Dogdad7
Aspirant

The filters that used to show 2.4 and 5 now show as wired or wireless on the device connected part of the  nighthawk app. My FV is v1.0.11.126

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably something that was removed from the app. 

Message 4 of 8

@Dogdad7 wrote:

The filters that used to show 2.4 and 5 now show as wired or wireless on the device connected part of the  nighthawk app.

Filters? Is that in Device Manager on the mobile app?

Is this what you mean?

DevicesDevices

No app changes that I can detect.

Message 5 of 8
Dogdad7
Aspirant

Yes..yours reads 2.4 and 5 ..mine reads wired and wireless now . AD145BE6-81DD-4D3B-B20A-FB111B4F6FC3.png66125C04-354F-4533-B4FF-8F73C05295B1.png

Message 6 of 8
Dogdad7
Aspirant

Guess no one knows the reason..

Message 7 of 8

@Dogdad7 wrote:

Guess no one knows the reason..

The problem when troubleshooting is that the symptoms we see do not always have "a reason". There can be various reasons why a device does strange things.

In this case, I have shown that I do not see the same thing that you see. That sort of blows away the idea that is was "Probably something that was removed from the app." But it could be something changed in the firmware.

There are many settings that you can tweak on the R7000 that could change what you see. You haven't told us anything about the settings n your router that could change things. For example, have you tried enabling Smart Connect?

That will combine 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands into the same WiFi network name (SSID).

In other words, have you tried messing with the various settings on the router, your wifi clients and anything else you can think of?

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7