Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear nighthawk app no speed test

dnbspider86
Aspirant

Netgear nighthawk app no speed test

This morning I went to do a speed test thru the nighthawk app and it has disappeared, I’ve tried everything and nothing is working, is there anything else o can do?
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

I've seen other reports of that as well. 

I usually don't recommend using the built in speedtest anyway. I prefer people test with a pc/laptop hardwired into the router. Tends to be more accurate. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I've seen other reports of that as well. 

I usually don't recommend using the built in speedtest anyway. I prefer people test with a pc/laptop hardwired into the router. Tends to be more accurate. 

Message 2 of 6
dnbspider86
Aspirant

I’ll stick to that method, thank you! It’s just so nice and convenient when it was in app haha
Message 3 of 6
Housedoc4041
Initiate

No offense, but how is this a “solution”? The Speedtest (accurate or not so much) is gone from the app as an option and the “solution” is, yeah I’ve heard that but it wasn’t accurate anyway? Just strange how it just disappeared from the app and no one knows anything about it.
Message 4 of 6
LethalHogue33
Initiate

Mine is missing as well i noticed it a few days ago. I called and they told me it’s because my router security service was up and needs to be renewed and that it was a perk of that service. Also to renew it was like 200 bucks for 3 years or like 2800 for lifetime or something crazy like that. Yep I laughed and hung up.

Xr500
V2.3.2.134
Message 5 of 6
Housedoc4041
Initiate

That is very interesting. Thank you for that information. While there are certainly other speed tests available, it just seemed strange that it all of a sudden disappeared. Thank you again for solving the mystery.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7