Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgenie login fail

Morphy72
Aspirant

Netgenie login fail

Hi there,

having a lot of trouble logging inot my netgear genie. It comes up with admin as the user, but absolutely no password works, and yes...I have tried 'password'. I dont want to reset the router as it is working fine, but I cannot use the genie at all, so I cant switch a channel, nothing. Seriously frustrating. Keeps saying the login failed. I am on local...but when I try remote it just has as many issues. It wont recognise my router as registered, and is blank for the id etc. 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: Netgenie login fail

@Morphy72 wrote:

Hi there,

having a lot of trouble logging inot my netgear genie.

What does that mean? There are several "genies". Desktop app, mobile app, browser page.

The easiest way in is with the browser interface.

If that fails, then you will probably have to reset the thing if you want access to the controls.

Message 2 of 5
Morphy72
Aspirant

Im guessing the fact that i was on my computer threw everyone off, since being on my mobile phone I would have said "mobile app".
Computer, windows 10, netgenie is the name of the icon i click on. I was unaware of the multitude of various genie apps. I will make it easier then.... Since i was on my computer, getting even more frustrated with netgears crap, i thought i should go online and ask if there was a simple fix. Little did i know i was going to get trolled by some smartass. I never changed the password so it stands to reason that admin (which you cant change) and password are the 2 things constant. Having the frustration of trying to access the windows based genie app...should work correctly and had no idea the fix was specific to each app, sounds like the genie is crap on everything. I will reset the router then. And fyi...i did try it on my cell, the mobile app had the same issue.
Message 3 of 5

@Morphy72 wrote:

Little did i know i was going to get trolled by some smartass.

You certainly know how to get the help you want.

I will leave you to your own devices.

Message 4 of 5
Morphy72
Aspirant

Well obviously not by someone who "doesnt know what that means" when asking about netgears genie app. Then tells me there are multiple instead of stating something more productive.

However, if anyone with actual experience with fixing or giving out step by step help with accessing a netgear genie app...on a windows based OS....R7000 1900 nighthawk dual band router having issues accessing the afore mentioned genie app. Or if someone had similar issues where it would not let you login with admin/password as the default login. Feel free to let me know.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7