Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app cannot find installed router..

InstantPOT
Follower

Nighthawk app cannot find installed router..

loaded/removed the Nighthawk app three times from the google store.  My phone is connected to my R6700 router (correct SSID) as confirmed through the phone wifi setting, yet the Nighthawk app scans and can't lock it down.  So I cannot go any further with the app as it never reaches the tools section.  I get "router not found".  Did all the requested router power down/reconnect ethernet...still stuck....... Is there a newer Nighthawk app I should be using?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk app cannot find installed router..

Hi @InstantPOT, welcome to the community! Is the R6700 set to router mode or AP mode? Please make sure that it is set to router mode.

Dexter

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Please note that only the newer R6700v2 (R6700-200xxx) and R6700v3 (R6700-300xxx) are supported by the Nightawk App. The initial R6700 (R6700-100xxx) model can only be used with the Genie App. Check your router product label on the bottom for the exact model version.

Message 3 of 4

@InstantPOT wrote:

Is there a newer Nighthawk app I should be using?

What is the firmware version on your R6700?

It can take an update to get you on to the Nighthawk app.

You can try to use the old app to look for an update, but it is better to manually update the firmware.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Do read the release notes before you make the leap. You may find that they have removed an important feature to make way for something else. If so, avoid the update.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7