Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app connection error time out reboot router is problem persists

Vaylgar
Aspirant

Nighthawk app connection error time out reboot router is problem persists

I have a nighthawk r7540 as of last week the app they recommend I use for convenience to manage my nighthawk stopped working. Giving me a timeout error I called support thinking since I'm a network administrator and been buying thier routers and using thier equipment for decades and never once asked them to help they could help me with a solution to this issue. My router is behind another router used as a firewall owned by my ISP has been for over a year. Thier India support didnt even care about anything other then I instantly recognizing my 2 year protection support that came with this 250 dollar router little over 2 years ago has expired and somehow my router got infected with a port virus even though there is no direct access to my router , and said I could pay 100 bucks plus tax for thier security suite for my router and they could fix it and have my router working properly in 30 min. . The person only cared about selling me something and even directly lied to me about my router. Has anyone found a fix for this yet after decades of using netgear I'm 2 seconds from going to another company with all my networking from here on after being kicked to the curb. I've already filed a formal complaint for this as when I requested a manager they gave me someone who was not a manager and when I attempted to get his name and employee identification information he hung up on me! This is very disappointing how much money this company has gotten from not only my work as a network admin but also in my life I've had to replace my router 3 times in the last 5 years and netgear doesnt seem to be the same company it once was. Anyone have a solution to the app not connecting to the routers anymore I've read tons of articles with people having this issue and none resolved as of yet that I've found.
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app connection error time out reboot router is problem persists

1. most people who google for netgear support, end up getting con/scam sites. Thats even more evidenced by them trying to sell you a virus protector/firewall. Netgear won't sell you any of that. They will sell you a support contract but not a security suite. So if you gave that comany any info (credit card, etc) time to watch it closely as I highly doubt you were actually talking to netgear. 

2. Its just issues accessing the router using the app? If so, does the browser based connection method work? I've seen numerous reports of issues with the app but just want to make sure you can still access the router

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7