Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app for iOS timed out. Unable to login.

Anything123
Tutor

Nighthawk app for iOS timed out. Unable to login.

I am unable to log into the Nighthawk app for iOS. The app was working fine before logging me out and saying I had timed out and need to re-login to to the server. Every time I attempt to log in I receive the following message : Login timed out, please try again. If the issue persists, try rebooting your device. This has happened in the past, but after several attempts I’m usually able to get logged back in. This time I have been unsuccessful for over a week.

My current setup:

Router : R6700v3

Firmware Version  V1.0.4.122_10.0.95

Iphone 13

iOS 15.2.1 (Updated yesterday. Nighthawk app issue started before update, iOS 15.2)

Nighthawk app version 2.13.1.4

I have of course followed the instructions to reboot my phone. I have also rebooted the router, deleted the app and reinstalled, and logged on to the router via web browser to ensure my password was correct. None of this has solved my issue. I have also been searching the community for an answer. There are several posts with this same issue going back a few years. This appears to be an ongoing issue with this app, and yet none of the posts seem to have a solution.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Anything123
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk app for iOS timed out. Unable to login.

Update: After the new app update I was still unable to log in. I went through the reset and reconfiguration of my router again and and was finally able to log in to the app. We will see if I get timed out again and whether I will be able to log back in. Seriously a pain in the butt. The Nighthawk app could really use a redesign.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Diana6515
Tutor

Same Issue. I tried changing my password. I've rebooted, unplugged, and tried swearing, but nothing works. lol

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and setting up my router as a new device, but no matter what I do I get taken to the "Login Required" screen where the default User Name is "admin"; then I type in my password - I've tried using the password for my Netgear IP gateway which I assume is the password it's asking for - but I type/paste it in, hit "Sign In" and then a couple of squiggly circular lines appear to signal it's logging me in, but then nothing happens. After a few seconds I get the "Logon times out" message. I've also tried just using the default password "password" as well as my wifi password - I'm desperate enough to try any password at this point.

In short, the app isn't working for me. I don't know what else to do besides just wait for the next app update and hope it fixes the issue.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
Anything123
Tutor

There’s nothing else you can do but wait. I’ve tried all the remedies. I emailed the support listed on the App Store and got a reply. They asked if they could call me. I gave a time and they called 3 hours later when I was unavailable. Then sent an email saying reset the system and start over. That didn’t work either. The app is defective and needs to be updated.
Message 3 of 4
Anything123
Tutor

Update: After the new app update I was still unable to log in. I went through the reset and reconfiguration of my router again and and was finally able to log in to the app. We will see if I get timed out again and whether I will be able to log back in. Seriously a pain in the butt. The Nighthawk app could really use a redesign.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7