Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app shows wireless devices as a connected to network as wired when device off.

dlpjm
Initiate

Nighthawk app shows wireless devices as a connected to network as wired when device off.

Wireless devices show up correctly on Nighthawk app when on. When turned off, some wireless devices show as connected to network via wire.  Also, my bluetooth Samsung watch which is connected to my Samsung phone via bluetooth shows up as being connected as wired device when wifi on watch is not active.  My Samsung Smart TV shows up when off as a connected wired device and as the case with some other devices shows up correctly as wireless device when on.  R7000 router with V10.9.88_10.2.88.  Nighthawk V2.4.3.728

Message 1 of 4
Toki101
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk app shows wireless devices as a connected to network as wired when device off.

I'm having the same problem as you described as well. Has there been any response or solution on your behalf.

Regards
Message 2 of 4
dlpjm
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk app shows wireless devices as a connected to network as wired when device off.

Have not heard from anyone on forum or Netgear. Very disappointed.
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Two points only:

• The Nighthawk App is just yet another UI (user interface) to the router. The router has also a local Web UI allowing to see the Attached Devices (why ever the almost same feature needs to have to different names). You might compare what the router Web UI does show under Attached Devices with the Device list on the App.
  • All these features had been a long time hit-and-miss, already back in the times of the Genie App (no longer supported on the newer routers). Effects sen and reported in this community differ with the router model, with the router firmware, and (probably the least one) the Nightawk App itself.

There is not much other community members can help with these issues - that's why people earn silence on these feature issues.

@ChristineT I can just insist again that Netgear does seriously review the poor router firmware design and/or implementation quality, the problems on how the WebUI Attached Devices lists are generated, the way the Nighthawk App does fetch the connected devices data from the router (various problems starting from a certain number of devices), .... Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7