Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app versions?

ButchJ
Follower

Nighthawk app versions?

I stumbled across the fact that a Nighthawk app for my android phone exists  to control my router so I downloaded and installed it.

Then I went to YouTube and found a demo of CES2019, but that demo shows the same app which has more features than the one I got, namely a Network Map, Security and Parental Controls.

So, the question is: is there a newer version out there that just didn't make it to Google Store yet?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app versions?

Guess it's simply not ready for prime time yet.

Love the "90% device detection" most ... the App shows Tablet as the device type, regardless, on the R9000 connected devices.

And I have not talked about the many customers with routers not supported by the Nighthawk App at all, customers which are still using Live Parental Control, ... which are all left back alone by Netgear ceasing Genie App.

@ChristineT  @Christian_R  this is all is neither nice nor customer friendly.

Message 2 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ButchJ,

Welcome to the community!

As it stands, the R8500 is not among the models that support the Circle Parental Controls feature. We will keep this link updated as more models are added. As for Armor, only the R7000P, R6900P, and several Orbi routers are currently supported. As for the Network Map, it should be among the available features for the R8500.

Dexter

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@DexterJB wrote:

As it stands, the R8500 is not among the models that support the Circle Parental Controls feature.

My complaint above ref. Nighthawk App does relate to the lack of controls Live Parental Control ... that wasn't the OP. 

@DexterJB wrote:

As for the Network Map, it should be among the available features for the R8500.

Yes, the Network Map is a feature on the local Web based Genie, is available on the Genie App - but not on the Nighthawk App, except in that Netgear CES2019 marketing video.

So still no real answer to @ButchJ' question.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7