Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 router security questions not taking

Zazwat
Tutor

R8000 router security questions not taking

I was trying to port forward and it asked me for two security questions. I answered and it told me they were wrong so I figured I must have made a typo when I was setting up the router like 3 years ago. I have since factory reset it twice and taken a screenshot of the reset security questions and answers so I know they are right but it still wont accept them. I saw similar posts on here with solutions telling them to reset and do something with password recovery but nowhere in the setup does it even mention that.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R8000 router security questions not taking

Try a different web browser. And check your login password.

It usually only asks for the serial number and security questions if you're getting your login wrong or didn't set it up with minimum requirements. 

Make sure to have at least 10 characters

1 upper case

1 lower case

1 special character

1 number. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Do you now what firmware is on the router? 
its only asking them during the port forward setup? 

It doesn't ask them on login? 

Usually you get that prompt when your password doesn't meet the minimum requirements or is wrong. 

Message 2 of 6
Zazwat
Tutor

idk exactly what firmware but it did ask me to update on the first reset, which I did. And yeah it asks when I put my ip into the search bar after the user and password and serial number, all of which work fine, it's just the security questions.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Try a different web browser. And check your login password.

It usually only asks for the serial number and security questions if you're getting your login wrong or didn't set it up with minimum requirements. 

Make sure to have at least 10 characters

1 upper case

1 lower case

1 special character

1 number. 

Message 4 of 6
Zazwat
Tutor

Thank you man! Turns out if you put in the wrong password twice it just sticks you into those questions without telling you it was wrong. Appreciate the help!
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it fixed!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7