Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WGR614v10 setup?

Hartnett
Guide

WGR614v10 setup?

I'm trying to use a WGR614v10 that has been reset (to its factory defaults). Everything I find about doing this points me to the NIGHTHAWK app. But the Nighthawk app DOESN'T support the WGR614v10. I've tried using http://www.routerlogin.net, but that takes me to a general Netgear page which, among other things, tells me to setup my router with the NIGHTHAWK app. (Been there, Done that. It ended badly.)

Any advice?

Thanks,

Tom

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Hartnett
Guide

Re: WGR614v10 setup?

For what it's worth...

I checked some notes I had from more than 10 years ago (so long ago I'd forgotten all about it), when I had an earlier version of the WGR614v10 (it was the -v9) that I setup for my parents, and I had the same problem(s) back then. The "fix" turned out to be accessing the router via "192.168.1.1/start.htm." I did that and the rest was, as they say, history (i.e., it worked fine)

Tom

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
Hartnett
Guide

Hi,

This is a re-do if a post I did a few minutes ago...

I have a WGR614v10 that has been reset (to its factory defaults), and I'm trying to set it up.

I tried http://www.routerlogin.net and that took me to a Netgear page that told me to use the NIGHTHAWK app. But the NIGHTHAWK app DOESN'T support the WGR164v10.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Tom

Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

usually at the bottom is a link "i don't have a smart phone". Click that. 

I'd highly look at upgrading that router. its old, slow, and going to bottleneck pretty much anything you do

Message 3 of 9
Hartnett
Guide

Thanks. But..

(1) NIGHTHAWK app says "WGR614v10 - The app does not support your router model." The only real option it give me is to "Open ROUTERLOGIN,NET" (which, in turn, tells me to use NIGHTHAWK... rinse, lather, repeat).

(2) I know it's old/slow, but I'm not using it for my main router. I'm just using it to experiment (screw around) with a handful of "smart" connected devices. (IoT stuff: smart plugs, security camera, etc.)

Regards,

Tom

Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

try using the ip address for it and not routerlogin . net

Message 5 of 9
Hartnett
Guide

I've tried 192.168.1.1... no dice! Is there another IP address I should be trying?

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

the defaults are usually 

You can always use the command prompt to check its gateway if its not connected to a different router

Message 7 of 9
Hartnett
Guide

No luck...

Let me give you the "lay of the land" (if that helps):

I have an Xfinity Arris TG1682 Wireless gateway (I'll call this my "Main" SSID)

I have four wireless routers connected to the LAN ports of the Arris gateway

- A Netgear WNDR4500v3 N900 Wireless Router (SSID = N900)

- A Linksys MR7350 Wireless Router (SSID = MR3750)

- A Netgear EX6150v2 Range Extender (in "Access Point" mode) (SSID = EX6150), and

- the Netgear WGR614v10 (It's SSID is (presently) the factory default, NETGEAR)

If I connect (wirelessly) to the Arris gateway ("Main"), it says my default gateway is 10.0.0.1 and it says the IP address of the WGR614v10 is 10.0.0.237.

If I connect (wirelessly) to the Netgear WGR614v10, it says its default gateway is 192.168.1.1

Message 8 of 9
Hartnett
Guide

For what it's worth...

I checked some notes I had from more than 10 years ago (so long ago I'd forgotten all about it), when I had an earlier version of the WGR614v10 (it was the -v9) that I setup for my parents, and I had the same problem(s) back then. The "fix" turned out to be accessing the router via "192.168.1.1/start.htm." I did that and the rest was, as they say, history (i.e., it worked fine)

Tom

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7