Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cannot enable parental controls

disneymom
Follower

cannot enable parental controls

I need parental controls Ann's I can't get them to work. every time I try to log in to opened I get THE ACTION FAILED TRY AGAIN. I KNOW I'm using the correct un and pw. I can't get past this screen. I'm using the genie android app as is my only option. this is driving me crazy the router is only a week old and I can't get this IMPORTANT function to work. I'm sick at log in to opendns. help!
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
psimondo
Star

This is an issue going back to 2015. Other threads on the forum marked SOLVED when it obviously is not.

I too cannot configure Parental Controls on my Orbi RBK50. You can create an OpenDNS account but you can;t log into it on Mac Genie or iOS Genie apps. You just get an error or a spinner forever. I've trawled these forums and OpenDNS forums. Hundreds and hundreds of posts on the same issue.

This is quite shameful given how Netgear uses this as a selling point.

Message 2 of 5

@psimondo wrote:

This is an issue going back to 2015. Other threads on the forum marked SOLVED when it obviously is not.

Maybe it is for them.

It is not a good idea to join in on the end of a two-year old discussion that is about different hardware. (Parental controls depends on the device as well as the software.)

Why not post your own question raise this in the Orbi forum?

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

To get into parental controls, you don't have to use a genie:

https://netgear.opendns.com/sign_in.php

Message 3 of 5
psimondo
Star

Thanks. I’ve joined a thread in the Orbi community.

P.s. I can login to my account on netgear.opendns but I can’t connect my Orbi to that account because I cannot login using the same credentials on my Orbi. It just spins forever or fails. So no parental controls (unless I use regular OpenDNS to block every machine on my network, but I want the Orbi to do that on a per device basis!)
Message 4 of 5

Sort of makes it an Orbi issue. Good luck over there.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7