Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Lennox iComfort Cannot connect to Network since switching to MR 60 Mesh

Jeffrey54
Follower

Lennox iComfort Cannot connect to Network since switching to MR 60 Mesh

I recently installed the MR 60 Mesh network.  I have had no connection problems until I tried to access my Lennox iComfort thermostat via the mobile ap.  I checked the therostat and it shows it is not connected to the network.  Tried several times to get it to connect, but would not.  Called iComfort support and was told it requires 2.4 and does not recognize 5.0.  Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Lennox iComfort Cannot connect to Network since switching to MR 60 Mesh

Hello keffrey54, 

The MR60 mesh system currently does not support the separation of 2.4 and 5GHz bands. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Lennox iComfort Cannot connect to Network since switching to MR 60 Mesh

Talk to that other vendor again. The MR60/MS60 system has a 2.4 GHz wireless on air. Possible problems are discovery apps requiring the mobile on a 2.4 GHz connection (for no reason - everything connects to the same logical network), or a wireless clients strugling about the AX mode also active on the 2.4 GHz.

Not sure if the MR60/MS60 system allows to disable the AX mode on the 2.4 GHz band (something like Advanced.->Setup -> Wireless Network uncheck AX mode for 2.4Ghz). This often helps to associate poor IoT WiFi clients.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7