Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 - Youtube slow to load

Cyberchill
Tutor

MR60 - Youtube slow to load

When I open youtube, there is a delay before the ad or content loads.  This may be 15-30 seconds or more.  This happens regardless of if it is a computer or a mobile device on the wifi network.  When I disconnect and go with 5G on my phone, there is no delay. This does not seem to impact other streaming content (Netflix, Disney+ etc.).

I assume there is some setting that I need to change (or not, if it is protecting me).  Looking for advice.

Thanks!

(Note: This is my second time posting - can't figure out why the MR60 does not come up as a model choice!)

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Cyberchill
Tutor

Re: MR60 - Youtube slow to load

This turned out to be an issue with my ISP.  In the past they required a PPPoE connection with userid/pwd.  They changed my connection to not require a password and is just a DHCP connection.  All good now!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What devices are you using for youtube? 

Message 2 of 4
Cyberchill
Tutor

This turned out to be an issue with my ISP.  In the past they required a PPPoE connection with userid/pwd.  They changed my connection to not require a password and is just a DHCP connection.  All good now!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7