Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Sonos roam compatability

mmoorhead
Aspirant

Sonos roam compatability

My sonos roam will not connect with my MR60 mesh system. I see someone else had the same problem, solved it but used too complicated abbreviations. I cannot understand the fisx, nor where to go on my nighthawk app to chance settings. Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Sonos roam compatability

1. what sonos do you have? 
2. what firmware is on the MR? 

3. what modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

4. What actual issue are you having with details? not roaming doesn't tell us much. 

Message 2 of 4
mmoorhead
Aspirant

Have sonos ROAM. Name of the speaker sold by Sonos. https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/roam

Dont know what you mean by firmware and what MR means

My router is a Nighthawk Mesh WIFI 6 router MR60 purchased at Costco

Modem is a supplied by Internet supplier Spectrum

Problem is getting SONOS Roam connected to the Sonos app so it can be used with the rest of my sonos system

- followed directions and it showed up temporarily on my system list, but showed "disabled", Sonos says to turn off and turn on device, then it disappeared

- I did a factory reset on the SONOS Roam and that did not fix it

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@mmoorhead wrote:

Have sonos ROAM. Name of the speaker sold by Sonos. https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/roam

Dont know what you mean by firmware---when you log into the MR60, you can find the firmware either in the app or through the browser.  and what MR means---MR is the MR60. 

My router is a Nighthawk Mesh WIFI 6 router MR60 purchased at Costco

Modem is a supplied by Internet supplier Spectrum---which one is it? 

Problem is getting SONOS Roam connected to the Sonos app so it can be used with the rest of my sonos system

- followed directions and it showed up temporarily on my system list, but showed "disabled", Sonos says to turn off and turn on device, then it disappeared

- I did a factory reset on the SONOS Roam and that did not fix it

---sonos devices are notorious for not working well with mesh systems. I think the MR60 just added compatibility for separating out the networks for the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz. You might try that and make sure the phone is on the 2.4ghz for setup. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7