× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5G Network Keeps Disappearing but Reappears With Reboot

ClassicMuscle
Initiate

5G Network Keeps Disappearing but Reappears With Reboot

My 5G Network keeps disppearing about every 2 weeks.  Doesn't show up at all in the SSID list, so all devices go to the 2G Network.  But, if I reboot the router via routerlogin.net, the 5G will suddenly appear again and be fine for another 2-3 weeks before it musterisouly disappears.  Have new firmware V2.3.40.   The router has been great other than this problem, is there anyway I can fix this?  

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 5G Network Keeps Disappearing but Reappears With Reboot

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Is Smart Connect enabled? 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been done since v40 was applied? 

Message 2 of 5
ClassicMuscle
Initiate

1. Modem is a Spectrum Model E31T2V1 2. I do not have Smart Control enabled. 3. We have a lot of neighbors, maybe 4-5, that show up in my SSID list. Additionally, we have a Ubiquity Hallway access point for devices on the other side of the house and it is broadcasting a different SSID so we can differentiate between it and the Netgear. 4. I have not done a factory reset, no. I am afraid to do so because we have a "smart home" via Savant and I'm concerned it will mess up all the devices that integrated into it. I appreciate the response and help here. Do you think enabling Smart Control will help or hurt my problem?
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try SC enabled.

Also if you have another wifi broadcasting, you need to make sure the channel are far and separate from each other between the XR and this other AP. Having them use same channels can cause this problem. I presume if you temporarily turned off this AP that the XR would work with out problems. 

2.4ghz on XR maybe set for 11 and the AP for channel 1. 5Ghz would be 36 or 48 on the XR while the AP should be in the higher channels 149 to 165. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and this AP?

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try SC as suggested, you'll be able to see the devices connected to 5/2.4 on the Device Manager and they'll switch to what is necessary depending on their bandwidth needs.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7