× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect Xbox One X (wired) to XR500 router

Homer99r
Follower

Can't connect Xbox One X (wired) to XR500 router

So I just bought the XR500 router and tried to connect it to my Xbox One X using ethernet cable, but was unable to. I have the lastest firmware (v2.3.2.40) btw. On the Xbox network settings while trying to connect it says, "Nat type: unavailable" "xbox.com/xboxone/Taredo".

I'm able to connect all of my wireless devices to the XR500 router (including the Xbox One X while wireless) but not the Xbox One X while wired. What do I need to tweak on the DumaOS setting to fix this? Ivp6?

Also, could it be my IPv4 settings on my xbox one x that are wrong? If so, what numbers should I put?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't connect Xbox One X (wired) to XR500 router

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Does the xbox get an IP address from the XR router? Does this happen when wirelessly connected as well? 

@Homer99r wrote:

So I just bought the XR500 router and tried to connect it to my Xbox One X using ethernet cable, but was unable to. I have the lastest firmware (v2.3.2.40) btw. On the Xbox network settings while trying to connect it says, "Nat type: unavailable" "xbox.com/xboxone/Taredo".

I'm able to connect all of my wireless devices to the XR500 router (including the Xbox One X while wireless) but not the Xbox One X while wired. What do I need to tweak on the DumaOS setting to fix this? Ivp6?

Also, could it be my IPv4 settings on my xbox one x that are wrong? If so, what numbers should I put?

Message 2 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: Can't connect Xbox One X (wired) to XR500 router

I think you found the problem - the static IP you have put on your Xbox is most likely not correct for your new router. Can you change it back to automatic (dynamic) on your Xbox and see if that fixes your problem.

If not, please let us know your network settings on your Xbox and we can take a look

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7