× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DUMA OS not loaded yet

DUMA OS not loaded yet

Hi!

This massage appears today when I reboot the router. Try to downgrade firmware and that works. But with the new firmware this occurs everytime. What do to? Have cleared cache on browser and reboot computer.

Best Regards

Henrik

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does this occur for the entire interface i.e. you can't access any page or is it on specific pages it happens? In System Information on the R-App panel options change the number of retries to 5 instead of 3 and then reboot the router please and see if that helps. What is your firmware version (the specific numbers)?
Message 2 of 12

I can do the standard setupwizard but when I try to login after that the screen "dumaOS not loaded yet" appears.

Should I use an older firmware or should the router in for service?

Message 3 of 12

The firmware is 2.3.2.56
Message 4 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've reported this to our team as this seems to be affecting a few people today, please follow these instructions provided by @Dr_Evil_Genius who has provided a workaround while we investigate:

1. Go to http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm
2. Administration -> Firmware Update
3. Download one of these firmware versions (latest two versions before .56) https://kb.netgear.com/000060464/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-40 or http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.32.zip
4. Unpack the .zip file
5. Browse to Image file
6. Upload

7. Go back to Administration -> Firmware Update and disable Auto Upgrade until we can say this has been resolved.

Message 5 of 12

Thx for fast response. 🙂

So I downgrade and wait for a fix? Could you or one in the team give me a hint when a fix comes out?

Big thanks for the help.
Message 6 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's right. I couldn't say, this has just been reported. We need to investigate and find out what has caused it before a fix can be started.
Message 7 of 12
ENMELM_VM
Initiate

I have the same issue and I see alot of it being reported today too.

I tried .40 and still received the same error.

Have it runnning on .32 now, but for sure will not work with .56 or .40.

I guess will have to wait annd see what Support comes out with as this older version does not have the latest security updates in it.

I hope it's a quick fix.....

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 8 of 12

I'm on 32 now and have unticked the option for autoupdate until a solution comes. I love this router so I hope it works soon. Gonna check the forum on daily basis for solutions. 🙂

Message 9 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 10 of 12

Work flawlessly. Thx again. ☺️🙏
Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Fantastic, thanks for giving us an update!
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7