× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fix for "DumaOS not loaded yet!" (XR500 users only)

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Fix for "DumaOS not loaded yet!" (XR500 users only)

Hi everyone,

We had a temporary problem tonight which caused XR500 users to see a white screen which says 'DumaOS not loaded yet'. This is now fixed. You just need to reboot your router and the problem should be gone.

Please post in this thread if this solves your problem as we have developers waiting to make sure this is 100% fixed for all.

If you followed our workaround earlier and downgraded to firmware version 2.3.2.32, you can upgrade back to the latest version (.56) and you should be able to access the interface as per usual. The latest firmware is here: https://kb.netgear.com/000061157/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-56

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope you can all now get back to tinkering your DumaOS 🙂

Message 1 of 15
JesseWright
Initiate

Re: Fix for "DumaOS not loaded yet!" (XR500 users only)

This did not resolve the issue for me. I have tried upgrading from 32 -> 40 -> 56 and 32 -> 56 with reboots, but getting the same issue each time. Downgrading to 32 always works.

FYI, I'm doing my firmware upgrades/downgrades through the Ethernet and not over WiFi.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you go back to .56 please and then clear the cache/cookies in your web browser and see if it works then?
Message 3 of 15
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi there - it should be working on the latest version again now. But if you upgrade to it and it's still not working, could you do a hard refresh please (Ctrl + F5 on your browser)? That will flush the cache which should then solve the problem

Message 4 of 15
JesseWright
Initiate

It's working now. Thank you!

Message 5 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's great, thanks for letting us know!
Message 6 of 15
OlegP
Apprentice

I rebooted my router and now I can finally log in and the dashboard is working just fine now. I didn't have to downgrade anything. Just wondering what the dealio was. Is the router somehow always syncing up with the cloud because is that how you guys were able to fix the issue for us?

Message 7 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We have the cloud for the Geo-Filter which does periodically check for updates, so we can make changes there without a firmware upgrade. In this instance we made an edit to the theme file which caused the issue, we managed to push an update to this file over the internet to fix it.
Message 8 of 15
Algazanth
Guide

Betreff: Fix for "DumaOS not loaded yet!" (XR500 users only)

Hi, 

no this fix didn't help me. After 3 times restart the router, i had to do a downgrade and now it works.

Before i have tested clear cache in diffrent browsers (Mozilla, Edge and Chrome), and this on two computers.

Edit: Ok this was yesterday (europe time 22:00 [MET]). What was the mistake and how did it come about? It would be helpful for the future.

Cheers

Message 9 of 15
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

The mistake was on our end. It was a one off problem and is unlikely to occur again.

Is the problem fixed for you now?

Message 10 of 15
Tazzybakes
Guide

Im up and running !! thanks Guys , just glad my router isnt busted , outages happen and comms is important.  #learnings

Message 11 of 15
Algazanth
Guide

hi,

yeah thank you guys. New firmware and it works.

Message 12 of 15
lr18lr
Initiate

The reboot fixed it today

Message 13 of 15
ngearftard
Luminary

Worked. Whew. Was wondering what the heck. Thanks for posting right away.

Message 14 of 15
CreXxton
Tutor

Your fix did the trick for me.  Up and operating.  Turning it on and off was well within my capabilities - thanks!  Now if I could just find the Tizen that's running on my network!?

Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7