× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dual WAN Failover

Dual WAN Failover

Hello,

I have three ISP providers that one or the other seem to constantly go down. I am tired of switching from one to the other and having to reboot everything. I am currently using the XR500 router then a simple switch after. I am using this at home so no VPN or firewall or anything other than a failover is required. A dual WAN is the minumum but three WAN would be nice. One of the ISPs is a full gig another is 200mbs and the thirds only 30 mbs. In addition to failover load management would be nice but not required. 

Solutions I would like to stick with Netgear but not required. The only soluition I have found is the Netgear ProSafe FVS336G version 2. I cant seem to find a reasonably priced version 3 and do not even know if I would need the version 3. My concern with this is it says the maximum through rate is only 60 mbs but it clearly says gig also???

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Dual WAN Failover

I believe the edge router x line supports failover/dual wan.
might be something to check out.
https://xenappblog.com/2016/cheapest-dual-wan-router-for-failover/
Message 2 of 5

I actually read about that one and looked it up. I had the same problem though not knowing if it can give me a full gig speed through it. I ended up rolling the dice and bought the Netgear router off ebay. Now its a double gamble will it even work on top of will it give me the speeds. THANKS!
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Hope it works well for you! 

Didn't consider the option of used. New its a spendy purchase. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

The Edge Router X does support near 900Mpbs WAN to LAN speeds. Just has to be enabled is all. It works. 

@josephinelcajon wrote:
I actually read about that one and looked it up. I had the same problem though not knowing if it can give me a full gig speed through it. I ended up rolling the dice and bought the Netgear router off ebay. Now its a double gamble will it even work on top of will it give me the speeds. THANKS!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7