× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dymo printer not detected

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Dymo printer not detected

I currently have a Router XR500 and after connecting the printer to the USB port is not seen in my macbook pro computers, does anyone know what to do?. Previously I had R9000 and everything was ok.
Please help

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Dymo printer not detected

Hi szulerus, if you go to Settings > USB Storage > USB Settings do you see your printer listed?
Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

no, unfortunately no

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That sounds like the cause, is the option 'Enable any USB Device connected to the USB port' set to yes? If so try a different USB port on the router & if possible try a different USB cable to connect them.
Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

any USB option its enabled. I tried on both USB ports without any results. I have similiar printer (brother) and it is detectable on my computer. 

previously i had router r9000 and without any problems Dymo was working.

I tried to connect directly dymo to my computer via usb and it is working flawlesly.

looks like router wont work with this priner

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have an alternate printer you're able to try? As the Settings & hardware is done by Netgear I would recommend contacting their 24/7 support helpline in order to get it resolved quickly. If you go here and login you should get a number to call: http://support.netgear.com/
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7