× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FACTORY RESET NOW NO INTERNET

joshwah1
Aspirant

FACTORY RESET NOW NO INTERNET

Hello,

i factory reset my router now i cant connect to the internet it says its connected but the internet light is amber..  i cant seem to login to routerlogin.net either just says couldnt connect to internet after it searches for a while i was trying to update firmware but i cant seem to find a way to do it if its not connected to the internet i have another router im using i tried plugging it into the other working router to try update it that way but it sees it but no options to update drivers in properties.. 

any help would be apreciated!

cheers josh

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: FACTORY RESET NOW NO INTERNET

What are all the led's doing? blinking/solid/color etc

Why were you trying to factory reset it?

have you tried to reset it again? holding reset for 7-10 seconds. Sometimes it just takes a 2nd attempt.

you can also tried the 30/30/30 method. hold reset for 30 seconds while powered on, power it off for 30 while holding reset, power it back on while still holding reset for 30 seconds.

If none of these work, you can try resending firmware to it via tftp.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What are all the led's doing? blinking/solid/color etc

Why were you trying to factory reset it?

have you tried to reset it again? holding reset for 7-10 seconds. Sometimes it just takes a 2nd attempt.

you can also tried the 30/30/30 method. hold reset for 30 seconds while powered on, power it off for 30 while holding reset, power it back on while still holding reset for 30 seconds.

If none of these work, you can try resending firmware to it via tftp.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Message 2 of 4
joshwah1
Aspirant

I tried all the steps you asked and still nothing trying to update firmware it just says connection failed all the lights are on solid white except the internet light is orange when I click the Ethernet connection on Windows it says packets are sent and received but still nothing can't access the router login or anything either
Message 3 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

If you disconnect the router from the modem, and just connect to it via ethernet, can you access the interface?

What IP address does your computer have when you do ipconfig in command line?

When you attempt to access the interface, have you tried routerlogin.net and also the router's ip address?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7