× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GEO-FILTER FILTERING NOT WORKING

Impulse
Aspirant

Re: GEO-FILTER FILTERING NOT WORKING

Yes I'm aware that gaming uses less than 1Mbps, but I upload clips etc straight from the PS4 and I'm quite curious to know why it maxes out at 10Mbps.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 51 of 64
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm assuming your PC reports correct speeds? Do you notice the uploads taking longer at all or is it just the result that's low?
Message 52 of 64
Impulse
Aspirant

Yeah the PC is fine, just the PS4. It affects the Bandwidth in BO4 and uploading tends to be slower, but it's quite inconsistent. I'm just trying to find the reason why this happens. I doubt it's the Qos coz I get the same results when I turn it off. However, if I bridge my PS4 through the xr500 and connect it with my PPPOE credentials, I tend to get the expected speeds I'm paying for, but then I lose all features of the router to that PS4.
Message 53 of 64
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As in entering the PPPoE details directly on the console? Can the router upstream of the XR500 handle PPPoE and put the XR500 in its DMZ?
Message 54 of 64
Impulse
Aspirant

When I put my PS4 in bridge mode, I enter the PPPoE details directly on the console yes. Both my wifi from the router and console work perfectly, I get a different public IP on the console. Only problem is that my console doesn't appear in the device list etc.
Message 55 of 64
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sounds like you're bypassing the standard router connection in that scenario. Try specifically port forwarding the ports required for the console and see if that resolves it.
Message 56 of 64
Impulse
Aspirant

When connected the standard way and Qos enabled, my upload speed on my PS4 gets capped at 10Mbps instead of the 40Mbps it should be according to what I set on the Qos slider. Since my speed is 250down, 50up, is it necessary to use QOS? Or should I just keep it disabled. I get A+ for bufferbloat regardless of Qos on. So basically I just wanna know if QOS will positively affect my gaming experience even when my network isn't "congested".
Message 57 of 64
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you disable QoS from Anti-Bufferbloat settings do you get the correct speeds?

Yes I would recommend so as you never know when something might occur that would cause you jitter/spikes and create lag.
Message 58 of 64
Impulse
Aspirant

Yea when I run the test with QOS off, I get the correct speed most of the time as compared to when it's on.
Alright I'll try the device prioritisation with "Game Console" selected for my PS4 to ensure that it's the only device being prioritised.
Message 59 of 64
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think it's probably to do with PPPoE that it doesn't appear to be working correctly with upload. Can PPPoE be handled by something else other than the XR500?
Message 60 of 64
Impulse
Aspirant

Currently it's just the fibre box/modem I guess that connects directly to the xr500. I've got other routers that work connected the same way. Hopefully it's just a glitch or a bug that'll get patched in the next update along with the upnp list not showing. I've heard that there's a few issues with PPPoE on this router. Anyway, thanks for all the help!
Message 61 of 64
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're very welcome. You could try with a different router in front of the XR500 to handle PPPoE and see if that resolves it.
Message 62 of 64
Impulse
Aspirant

Yea that won't be possible since I no longer have my Asus router. As it is, that would ruin the purpose of the xr500.
Message 63 of 64
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay no worries. I just realised we are helping you on the Netduma forum also so I'll continue there
Message 64 of 64
Discussion stats
  • 63 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7