× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to get open nat type on my Xbox one x with NETGEAR nighthawk pro xr500

_GG_
Aspirant

How to get open nat type on my Xbox one x with NETGEAR nighthawk pro xr500

To start I have xfinity as my internet provider when I have it connected to my Xbox one x with an Ethernet I can see that under the Xbox settings it says open nat type and when I play a game for example COD it says open nat type too. When I connect my NETGEAR router to my Xbox it with an Ethernet it says strict under Xbox settings and strict on the game. Is there something wrong that I need to adjust on router settings or Xbox settings or is it the cable managing how it’s connected from my internet provider to the router?
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: How to get open nat type on my Xbox one x with NETGEAR nighthawk pro xr500

What is your Xfinity router/modem model? You most likely need to put the WAN IP from the XR500 System Information page into the DMZ on the Xfinity router. Then you should get an Open NAT.
Message 2 of 11
_GG_
Aspirant

The xfinity modem model is TG1682G, also want to make sure if the cabling is from xfinity modem > NETGEAR router > Xbox, all connected using Ethernet if that’s how it goes.
Message 3 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you, okay so it is a gateway which means you should do the WAN IP into DMZ suggestion I made above and you should get an open NAT then.
Message 4 of 11
_GG_
Aspirant

My wan ip is 10.0.0.182 on my internet status on the DUMA OS dashboard from the NETGEAR And I put that wan ip 10.0.0182 in the DMZ page on my xfinity router. It came up as double nat detected and nat type strict on my Xbox.
Message 5 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Reboot both the Xbox and XR500 and it should work.
Message 6 of 11
_GG_
Aspirant

I rebooted both the XR500 router and Xbox twice and still shows double nat detected and set as strict.
Message 7 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In WAN Settings switch NAT to Open, does that work?
Message 8 of 11
_GG_
Aspirant

I changed the nat filtering to open under wan setup in DUMA OS then rebooted the Xr500 and Xbox but after I turn it on I get a “can’t get a teredo IP address” message and it’s still moderate nat type on the xbox.
Message 9 of 11
_GG_
Aspirant

I retried rebooting the XR500 and the Xbox again today to see if could work but no luck is there another way? What other things do I need to modify or adjust within the DUMA OS or on my xfinity modem settings?
Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There must be something else preventing this as NAT Filtering Open usually solves it every time. Just a quick check, if you disable the Geo-Filter does it work? Otherwise does the Xfinity have a firewall you can disable?
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7