× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IPv6 unusable

heidarren
Tutor

IPv6 unusable

My ISP IPv6 is using PPPoE, same with IPv4, and VLAN 500.

The IPv6 just never work in any Netgear products that I own, including R7800, R8500 and XR500.

It works in any other brands that I have, D-Link, TP-Link, Asus and even Aztech(I bet you never heard of this brand, but this small company managed to get it work too, shame on you Netgear)

Please don't sounds surprise to me here because you knew the problem existed for a long time and you just never plan to fix, or you just don't have the skill to fix it, maybe. 

Please do not ignore me like any other IPv6 discussion posts, I want you to fix it as soon as you can or just admit here that you guys are not going/don't know how to fix it.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: IPv6 unusable

What issues are you having with IPv6? Only thing I'm aware of is Anti-Bufferbloat doesn't work correctly which will be implemented.

Normally recommend disabling IPv6 as doesn't provide any benefits over IPv4.
Message 2 of 4
BIG_DOG
Luminary

Have you tried the "detect" option under the ipv6 section? Many ips's use 6-4 tunneling so it should detect it.

Message 3 of 4
Killhippie
Prodigy

Netgear filter ICMP IPV6 Fraser when it shouldnt be. Just google Netgear IPV6 Filter ICMP and you will see its been going on for years and they refuse to do anything about it.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7