× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie Remote access Registration failed - Never got an email- Can my account be reset

lg-10
Aspirant

Netgear Genie Remote access Registration failed - Never got an email- Can my account be reset

To setup the Remote access, I was trying to register the netgear router using Netgear Genie,
but the registration never send an email activation email, for the registration to be completed.

I have tried 2 accounts now, and each time I log in it says Account exists but Activation has failed. So I am stuck and not able to proceed with the Remote login.

This is critical for me as the reason we bought this router is we can disable the wifi on timed schedule but with ability to reenable
it using remote login

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Netgear Genie Remote access Registration failed - Never got an email- Can my account be reset

You should just be able to go to http://my.netgear.com/ then either login or create a new account. Then click register a product, input your serial number and then it should be registered.
Message 2 of 4
lg-10
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Genie Remote access Registration failed - Never got an email- Can my account be reset

I am able to login to the site, but it does not allow me to register the product. It keeps giving an error. Please check the attachment.

I have used 2 different email address and have the same issue. Can my email address be removed and I can resend the registration request?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd give Netgear Support a call, that is not something I can do as I do not work for Netgear
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7