× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk xr500 disconnecting

Tylerball_
Aspirant

Nighthawk xr500 disconnecting

Hello my netgear router for some reason keeps getting disconnected every like 10 mins, and I don't know why I have tried resetting to factory default, and that didn't work also my modem isn't having any issues on the internet when I'm connected wired on my xbox. I have had this router for about 3 months and this is the first time its happening. Is there something I'm supposed to manually do or is my router broke?
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk xr500 disconnecting

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What is the model of your modem that the XR is connected to? Does it disconnect all devices or just some and is it both wired and wireless devices?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What is the model of your modem that the XR is connected to? Does it disconnect all devices or just some and is it both wired and wireless devices?
Message 2 of 6
Tylerball_
Aspirant

Not sure if my message sent so just incase I'm replying again. The model number of the modem is 100-04255 10 also the only thing that is hooked up wired is my xbox and I have 2 phones in the house and a roku that are on the wifi but thats about it
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Apologies for the late reply, it's only showing up now for some reason - is it a Gigahub? Does it have WiFi?
Message 4 of 6
Tylerball_
Aspirant

Hey there no problem, and no my modem is not a combo router if thats what you mean? But actually I have not been dealing with connection issues since I have messaged you so I don't know what was going on. At first I thought it was broke but it's been working fine now.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Oh well that's good to hear! Let us know if it happens again and we can delve deeper
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7